Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Steve Miller and Jack Johnson's Kool and Groovin Mix

I think that Jack Johnson just might be Steve Miller's illegitimate son.  No, really! They sound similar vocally, and if it weren't for them being separated by several decades, I would have a hard time figuring out which one is which just by listening to them. They both have their unique, definitive styles. Steve Miller epitomizes 70's era "kool" while Jack Johnson expresses a modern, laid back feeling of groovin. Hoping to capture the feeling of the laid back groove that transcends musical generations, I present you with my Steve Miller and Jack Johnson Kool and Groovin Mix:

Number Of Tracks: 26
Approximate Runtime: 1 hour, 29 minutes 

Side 1: Steve Miller (Kool): 
  • Swingtown
  • Jungle Love
  • Things I Told You
  • Take The Money and Run
  • Rockin' Me
  • True Fine Love
  • Fly Like an Eagle
  • Jet Airliner
  • Abracadabra
  • Dance Dance Dance
  • Cool Magic
  • Goodbye Love
  • While I'm Waiting

Side 2: Jack Johnson (Groovin) 

  • Constellations
  • If I Had Eyes
  • Fortunate Fool
  • Good People
  • Broken
  • Talk of the Town
  • Holes To Heaven
  • Breakdown (film version)
  • Never Know
  • Badfish/Boss DJ
  • Bubble Toes
  • Mudfootball
  • No Other Way

No comments:

Post a Comment